Live and Work in the UK with a Youth Mobility Visa

Although you may be perfectly happy living and dying in the country in which you were born, there is something to be said for travelling to a different country and broadening your horizons. As a citizen of the Commonwealth, you are allowed certain privileges, one of which is being able to obtain a Youth Mobility visa and travel to the United Kingdom, where you can live, work, and explore.

The Youth Mobility visa is one of several new visas that the British High Commission is offering. It is designed for young people, between the ages of 18 and 30, who wish to travel to the UK and would like to work while there. Because so many people from Commonwealth countries were previously working “under the table”, this visa was designed to provide fair employment during a fixed period of time.

The Youth Mobility scheme requires that you have a bank account in your name with a minimum of 1600GBP in place for at least three months prior to applying for the visa. You also need to submit to a biometric scan, and be a passport holder from Australia, New Zealand, Monaco, Japan, or Canada. As long as you travel with no dependents, you will be free to live and work in the UK for up to two years.

There are no limitations on the type of employment you may partake in, nor in how much money you may make. Some people find that they spend the entire time of their stay in one city, while others use their time exploring the countryside, travelling on the extensive rail systemPsychology Articles, and seeing famous sites. There is almost no limit to the number of adventure and great people you can meet when you explore the United Kingdom and work while you are there.