Do I Need a Visa To Work In USA?

here are numerous visas for USA ranging from work visa, tourist visa, student visa, obtaining a Green Card, foreign exchange student visa and many more…

There are numerous visas for USA ranging from work visa, tourist visa, student visa, obtaining a Green Card, foreign exchange student visa and many more. Obtaining a USA visa takes a lot of time, knowledge and effort. Often foreign individuals seek their USA visa on their own. They work to fill out the papers and meet the proper visa requirements. It is also popular and even advised to work with an immigration lawyer. They know everything about immigration law and what needs to be done to obtain a visa.

Then there are times after obtaining a USA visa that the person is considering or decides to extend their visit in the United States (US) or they could be changing to a student status. Many elements of immigration law change frequently. It is a good idea to speak with an expert that understands the latest changes.

If a foreign national enters the US using a B-1 or B-2 visa they will have six months to accomplish their goal or the reason they have come to the US. It could be a visit for business or it could be pleasure. There are times when the person leaves before the six months are over and decide to return to their home. On the other hand, some want or need to extend their time in the US. Once they six months is over they want to extend their stay. It could be that they will continue with the visa or purpose they first intended, but they might want to make a change. One example is obtaining a new visa status including an F-1 student option. Going through any process when it comes to obtaining a USA visa requires a variety of elements that need to be met.

Some of the B-1 or B-2 visa conditions and policies to consider are the applications. If a person is going to seek to extend their US stay for longer than six months a form I-539 is required. It is often difficult to be granted this extension unless there is a business issue or health concern. Then there is the B-1/B-2 to student F-1 application. There was prohibition if the application is filed or the visa holder applies to school within the first three months in the US and against school enrollment or studying before the application has even been approved. The application will be declined if the applicant starts studying before even being approved first. Furthermore when a foreign national wants to extend their visitor status and start school while visiting it is a status violation.

Apart from the common USA visas that are applied for, Green Card applications are plentiful that are processed by the Department of Homeland Security/Citizenship and Immigration Services. Most of the interviews for Green cards and USA visas are scheduled within 2-5 months, if the paperwork is done correctly. However, if there are missing documents or verifications that are missing, months or years can be added before your turn comes again. ThusFree Reprint Articles, it makes sense that the individual hires the services of an immigration lawyer to cut through the legal hassles.